2. I chose my campaign team based upon my message and platform and not whether or not they are a Republican, a Democrat, an Independents or another third party.
3. I agree 100% with Tim Tebow on his views on the role of the Christian Church: "The goal is to bring people together. We're not supposed to divide people. People are going to disagree on things, but we can have unity if our No. 1 priority is we love Jesus and our No. 2 priority is we love people. Let's agree on that and have the 300,000 churches in this country work together. If we did that, nobody would be dying of hunger."
4. Yes, I shed a tear or two when watching Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary special on Sunday evening. I may have even sung along with my two girls Grace and Gabbie to “Let It Go” from the movie Frozen.
5. Did you know that since the 1928 Presidential election, the Republican ticket did not win the Presidency with someone not named Bush or a Nixon?
6. $35,0000 – that is the cost a London memorabilia collector paid for a lock of hair from Beatle’s member John Lennon.
7. Hard to believe that it has been 36 years (Feb 22, 1980) since the United States Hockey Team beat the USSR (old Soviet Union) 4-3 in an Olympic Hockey semi-final game. The “Miracle on Ice” game is still one of the greatest upsets in sports history.
8. I applaud Taylor Swift for donating $250,000 to support fellow singer Kesha Rose Sebert, who alleged physical and sexual abuse from her manager, in her ongoing contract dispute with her record label. Said Kesha’s mother, “A person’s wealth is not measured by what they have but by WHO they help with it. And Taylor Swift is a truly rich person.”
9. “And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8 (ESV)
10. Through Jan. 2016, Donald Trump spent the least amount of money per vote he won. Ben Carson, spent the most. Below are the amounts that each candidate spent per vote received:
- $64.00 per vote – Donald Trump
- $72.00 per vote – John Kasich
- $153.00 per vote – Marco Rubio
- $193.00 per vote – Ted Cruz
- $368.00 per vote – Jeb Bush
- $795.00 per vote – Ben Carson