As I grew older into adulthood, rarely, if ever, did I yell "Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire! when I heard or caught someone in a blatant lie. However, I was guarded in believing anything else uttered by that person.
"Do not lie. Do not deceive one another." (Leviticus 19:11)
I can't profess that I have never lied in my lifetime. In fact, I can recall many times growing up in which I lied to my parents in order to cover up something I did. Nine time out of ten, the truth came out. The cover up I concocted became the focal point with my parents, sometimes much more than the lie itself. One revelation I discovered early on, nothing good comes out of lying.
"The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful." (Proverbs 12:22)
There is an old joke that says, "How do you know a politician is lying? Their lips are moving." Today, the words 'United State Government' can be substituted for the word 'politician' in this joke; however, this is no laughing matter. I cite two recent examples:
1. During the recent Benghazi Congressional Hearings, it was revealed that shortly after the attack on 09/11/2012, several government officials blamed the attack on the Libyan compound on a YouTube video, while knowing from their subordinates on the ground that it was terrorism.
2. The Internal Revenue Service admitted last Friday, after denying it in 2011, that they purposely targeted non-profit organizations that contained the names, 9/12 Project, Tea Party or Patriot.
"Better to be poor than a liar." (Proverbs 19:22)
We have a federal government ruled by Democrats, Republicans, and career politicians, staffers and bureaucrats who are consumed with power and staying in power. They are continually lying in order to stay in their lofty positions. But, where do these rulers come from? They come from our broken society. First, we must fix our society by fixing ourselves:
- BELIEVE that the truth shall set you (and us) free.
- ACT by being truthful in your daily lives.
- SERVE others in a truthful manner in order to restore honor to society.
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson.
At present, society fears government. It's time for Americans to change that fear.
Lying leads to tyranny - an oppressive government. Folks, look around --- we have a tyrannical government. It's time that we vote everyone out of office so that we can save ourselves from our out of control government. In order to vote people out of office, we must pray for individuals to take a step of faith and run for office on all levels.
Keep calling out your elected officials and holding them to the promises they made when running for office. And tell them, "Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire!" if necessary. Maybe, just maybe, they will listen and repent, just like the schoolyard chums.