2. "Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." President John F Kennedy
3. Many of my same local legislators who voted to increase the state gas tax and other fees in 2013 are now writing op eds and penning articles in their weekly updates saying that they are ardent about holding the line on taxes in the ongoing budget battle with Governor.
4. "We must instill a desire in all of PA's citizens -- rich, poor, college students, day care workers, state employees, accountants, garbage collectors - to do the right thing, which may involve some sacrifices by everyone. If we can find a way to do that through spending cuts, agency restructuring or temporariliy appropriating money elsewhere, we will be able to fix the budget through those processes, rather than by leadership on both sides succombing to name calling and dare I say it, scare tactics." - me.
5. In "Back to the Future II", Marty McFly was taken aback when he learned that the Cubs won the World Series in 2015. The writer of the movie is a life-long St.Louis Cardinals fan who wanted to make an outrageous prediction in the movie, which was a dig to the Cubbies and their fans. Today - the present day 2015 - the Cubs are down 2-0 to the Mets and need 4 wins to play for the World Series title. By the way, 7 players on the Cubs' roster hadn't been born when the movie was released in November 1989. Incidentally, there will be a special one-day showing of this movie tomorrow to commemorate the movie's flash forward to October 21, 2015.
6. Time in prayer in not time wasted -- it's time invested. Tim's three principles of prayer: keep it honest; keep it simple; keep it up.
7. And now for the Tuesdays with Tim obligatory Disney quotes from Walt Disney: "Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it and work at it until it's done and done right." "All my troubles and obstacles have strengthened me."
8. "One should never trouble about getting a better job. But one should do one's present job in such a manner as to qualify for a better job when it comes along." President Calvin Coolidge
9. A marriage certificate makes you married about as much as a birth certificate makes you a human being. It's not about the paper or some law - it's all about the committment, the union, and the love. While I believe God created marriage to be between a man and a woman, I also believe that at the end of the day, it's all between you, your spouse, your partner and God. For these reasons, governments at all levels should get out of the business of marriage and put it back where it belongs -- before God. Let Him have the final say.
10. As someone who has a part-time gig as a live television broadcaster, I have on occasion (LOL) said some things that makes me say, "did I just say that on live TV?" So, in keeping with that theme, here are some sportscaster blunders from the world of sports:
- "He just leaped up to make one of those diving stops that only he can make."
- "There's someone warming up in the bullpen, but he is obscured by his number."
- "That pitch is swung on and missed - and it's fouled back."
- "I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid."
- "Nobody in football is a genius like Norman Einstein is"
- "Hawaii doesn't win many games in the United States."
- “Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win.”
Reedy is (almost) Reedy.
Have a wonderful week.