2. My daughter Gabbie said this over the weekend when looking at an icicle near our front porch, “Dad, icicle’s are pretty, but they could impale you.” Out of the mouth of babes.
3. Congratulations to Kevin and Carmen Shanahan of the western part of the state who, despite the blizzard, went ahead with their wedding on Saturday. While only family showed up because of the conditions, the bride said that “we’re getting married, blizzard or not.” The happy couple strapped on snowshoes and took pictures outside. No word if the couple danced to Do You Want to Build a Snowman?
4. Why is a chameleon like a kitchen mixer? They both blend in.
5. The European Golf Tour, in an attempt to modernize the game, announced that members of their tour can wear shorts during pro-am tournaments and practice rounds. I’m sure the traditionalists in the game will not welcome this new attire, but hey, a professional golfer may soon be dressing like me on the weekends when I play.
6. In just 15 days, Governor Tom Wolf will roll out his second year budget for the General Assembly even though they are still trying to figure out the first one. #reedyisready
7. Today, January 26 is National Peanut Brittle Day. Peanut Brittle is made of caramelized sugar or corn syrup. After the nuts are added it is poured out on a flat surface such as granite or marble and smoothed to an even sheet. When cooled the candy is broken into pieces. Here’s hoping that if you have some peanut brittle today that you won’t break a tooth.
8. Just when you think that all teens care about are cell phones and video games, comes this story from nearby Susquehanna Township. A high school senior walked two miles in the blizzard to get to work at an area assisted living community so that she could serve meals to the residents. "I just kept thinking it would be horrible for everyone if I didn't go in," said the 18-year old.
9. So in last week’s Tuesday’s with Tim, I correctly picked Denver over New England and Carolina beating Arizona in the games this past Sunday. You’ll have to wait until next week’s Tuesdays with Tim to see who I believe will win Super Bowl 50 on February 07.
10. Watch here as Franklin Pierce University student sinks a 94-foot putt during half-time of a basketball game to win $500. When you are in college, every little bit of money helps.
Click here for the Tuesdays with Tim archives
Have a great week everyone.