2. Why are there “self-help” sections of books in bookstores, but rarely are their sections or even books on “Helping Others”. We need to start sharing ideas and empathizing with others.
3. Pat Benatar is 64 today. Yup, I’m (getting) old.
4. Currently docked in Maryland, the boat Seafood captained by Rodney Dangerfield in the movie “Caddyshack” is now on sale for $129,000. “Hey. You scratched my anchor”.
5. The national debt is almost $20 trillion. So, what is the government spending its $20T on? Well…$300K studying whether boys spent more time playing with Transformers than girls did with Barbies…$3.4M for hamster cage matches…$3.5M study on why people are afraid of the dentist…$500K to see how long a fish can exercise on a treadmill…$150K for a gingerbread making workshop….and…$35,000 for a glow in the dark marijuana joint to encourage people to not drive when high. It’s your money.
6. Proverbs 15:1 “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stirs up anger.”
7. Yes, I want to go to U2’s Joshua Tree tour this summer with my wife. I saw them last in 2011 with Tina at Philadelphia’s Lincoln Financial Field. If anyone wants to buy me tickets, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Kuerig is working on an instant beer and cocktail machine. It will work like this: Pop in a pod. Press a button. Then, enjoy a frosty, freshly-dispensed beer.
9. A Michigan man was fined $128 for warming up his car in his girlfriend's driveway. He said he was away from the vehicle for five minutes and “… had no clue that this was a law, an ordinance.". "You're putting the public at risk," Roseville police Chief James Berlin" said. "This is purely a public safety issue." Wow.
10. Let’s go Cowboys!!!