2. My 8-year old daughter Gabbie’s New Year’s Resolution is that she will not make any New Year’s Resolutions. Since she didn’t make any, she kept her resolution. Go Gabbie!
3. Microsoft just released a new iPhone app called Microsoft Selfie. The app detects the subject age, gender, skin tone and other factors in order to edit your selfie accordingly and make you look, well, a tad younger.
4. A gallon of gas has just gone under $2.00 per gallon in some locations in Lancaster County. If it weren’t for the second highest gasoline tax in the country, we would be paying much less. The state’s gas tax rate is based on the wholesale price of gas. Locked in for two more years, this rate will be going up again in January 2017.
5. Am I the only one who hasn’t seen the new Star Wars movie yet?
6. A Mac guy since 2002, I am now a windows 10 guy. “Say it ain’t so Tim”. “Oh, it is so”. I am now the owner of a new Dell XPS 13 laptop. Don’t fret apple lovers, I will never give up on my iPhone and iPad.
7. I bought two power ball tickets for the 1 billion plus drawing on Wednesday evening. This is only the second time in my life that I bought a lottery ticket. The first time was for a gift for someone years ago.
8. Amid increasing scrutiny by local governments passing anti-elephant circus acts, Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus is retiring its elephant acts this May. In other news, many Presidential candidates are distancing themselves from the Republican Party, whose elephant is their symbol; and, if a non-establishment candidate gets the nomination, will the Republican party go the way of the Ringling elephants?
9. “Hey dad.” “Yes Grace.” “I was going to tell you a pizza joke, but it’s too cheesy.” Fun times on the way to school in the mornings.
10. “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6
Have a great week everyone.
election day is 04.26.2016