2. What kind of fruit is never alone? a pear
3. Amazon just launched its new Dash Replenishment service. Connected products, such as Whirlpool washers, will automatically monitor and order more detergent when it becomes low. What's next? Someone to fold the laundry for you?
4. Splashdata's top 10 worst passwords have been announced and they are: 1. 123456 2. password 3. 12345678 4. qwerty 5. 12345 6. 123456789 7. football 8. 1234 9. 1234567 10. baseball. Did your's make this list?
5. My picks for this weekend's NFL games: Denver over New England. Carolina will beat Arizona.
6. Today is number 203 in the PA Budget impasse. In other news, the GOP met in Hershey this week for their winter meeting. In still other news, my state senator announced that he is endorsing Marco Rubio for President and that he is joining his PA campaign team. Let's see. Work on the budget, have a meeting or help someone win the Presidency? Which would you chose?
7. GOP State Senator Scott Wagner's latest tweet about Governor Wolf is troubling to me and gives further evidence that blaming is more important than doing in Harrisburg: “We had him down on the floor with our foot on his throat and we let him up. Next time, we won’t let him up.”
8. "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:31-32.
9. I know that my daughter Grace would love this snack to be served for the Super Bowl: Bacon Guacamole
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped out
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crisp and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 medium red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until it is nearly at your desired consistency. Stir in the bacon, red onion, lime juice, paprika, chipotle, salt, and pepper.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes. Serve immediately or else press a piece of plastic wrap flush into the top of the guacamole, refrigerate, and serve preferably within 24 hours.
10. "Keep moving. Let nothing slow you up. Move on with dignity and honor and respectability...keep moving amid every mountain of opposition." Martin Luther King, Jr., May 17, 1957
Have a great week everyone.
Enjoy the snow this weekend. T
Talk to you next week.