1. US House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan tweeted over the weekend “At the end of the day, we have to work with each other to fix the country’s big problems & get things done.” Amen Speaker Ryan. If we replace the word country’s to Pennsylvania, his tweet now reads “At the end of the day, we have to work with each other to fix Pennsylvania’s big problems & get things done.” #reedyisready to go to work http://reedyisready.com/plan_to_get_pa_moving
2. Today is groundhog day, which gives me the opportunity of honoring my grandfather Raymond Reedy, the former mayor of Lititz and huge Philadelphia Phillies fan. If he were living, Grandpa Reedy as I called him would be turning 110 years old today. Happy Birthday Grandpa.
3. Actual bets you can make on the Super Bowl this Sunday are as follows:
a. What will the color of the Gatorade be when dumped on the winning coach?
b. Will there be a successful 2-pt conversion in the game?
c. What will the first song to be played by the halftime band Coldplay?
d. Will Peyton Manning throw at least one interception?
4. I recently read in an article about Pennsylvania elections that almost 94% of incumbents win their reelection bids. #Reedyisready to buck that trend by winning the April 26 primary. I am the 6%!
5. On a recent business trip while showering in the hotel, I may have poured mouth wash on my hair instead of shampoo because I grabbed the wrong bottle from the counter. At least my hair was minty fresh all day! #eyesaregoingbad
6. I saw a cool poster titled “All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten” detailing what we learned in Kindergarten. These learning principles are still very relevant today:
a. Share everything
b. Play fair
c. Don’t hit people
d. Put things back where you found them
e. Don’t take things that aren’t yours
f. Clean up your own mess
g. Wash your hands before you eat
h. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you
7. The Presidential Election process began last night with the Iowa Caucuses, where Hillary & Bernie tied on the Democrat side and Cruz, Trump and Rubio went 1-2-3 for the GOP. Everyone is off now to New Hampshire and then onto South Carolina and in Pennsylvania on April 26. My choice continues to be Rand Paul.
8. Lady Gaga will be singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl on Sunday. The National Anthem has been sung before every Super Bowl except in Super Bowl XI when Vikki Carr sang America the Beautiful.
9. Apple was awarded a patent recently for technology that would let you hover or wave your hands to control your devices without touching them. What’s next? We will sometime in the future be able to control our devices just by thinking.
10. The Carolina Panthers will beat the Denver Broncos 30-13 in this Sunday’s Super Bowl.
Click here for the Tuesdays with Tim archives
Have a great week everyone.