- Think back to July 10, 2014. What were you doing? Probably outside enjoying the sunshine or on vacation. Well, July 10, 2014 was the day that then Gov. Corbett signed the last agreed to budget in PA. Its day #224 since PA has not signed a balanced into law. But, we keep rolling on as Gov. Wolf unveils his 2016-2017 spending plan today.
- #ReedyisReady to unify. #ReedyisReady to Grow. Tim Reedy is Ready to get to work.
- Yes, I predicted that the Carolina Panthers would win big on Sunday night. I was wrong. Again. My last successful prediction was in 2013 (SB 47) when I picked the Ravens over the 49ers. Therefore, when I make my prediction for Super Bowl 51, my suggestion for you is to pick the other team.
- The Republican leadership in both the House and the Senate were extremely critical of Gov Wolf when he vetoed the entire budget passed by the legislature last summer. Well, let’s go back in time to 2014 when current State Senator Scott Wagner said this of the budget signed by Gov Corbett: “If I was the governor, I would have vetoed the whole budget, and I’d have a special session. I would pull everybody back and you’d work all summer until something gets done.” Why wasn’t this done last summer?
- Galatians 6:9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” If you are led, please pray for me that I will not become weary in this campaign.
- Presidential candidate Ted Cruz, who wore his Christianity on his sleeve in Iowa when trying to woo voters, has all but abandoned his faith based messages when campaigning in the less religious state of New Hampshire. Politician or not, if you are a Christian, you should always talk about your faith no matter where you are.
- A man was looking out his window when he noticed that there was a snail on one of his plants. So he took the snail and threw him as far as he could. Ten years later, the old man heard a "tap-tap-tap" on his window. When he looked up, he saw a very angry snail looking at him. The snail then said to him, "Hey. What did you do that for?" Determination. Perseverance. Always wins.
- The pitchers and catchers for the Philadelphia Phillies are due to report on February 18 with the remaining squad due in Clearwater, FL five days later. There is no truth to the rumor that the Phillies have already been eliminated from playoff contention in 2016.
- Over the past two weeks, my campaign team and I have been out and about in the 37th legislative district gathering signatures on petitions so that my name can appear on the April 26th primary ballot. I have been humbled at the number of registered republicans who are wishing me well in upcoming election.
- If you like Penn State Football and one of my campaign platforms of prison and criminal justice reform, then you are going to like an event that is being planned for March 19. Stay tuned for more details in the next couple of weeks.
Have a great week everyone.