2. And the opening bid for the chair that JK Rowling sat in while she wrote the first two Harry Potter books was $45,000. If anyone is interested, I will sell the chair I sat in when I wrote this edition of Tuesdays with Tim for $18.23 + a $10.00 Starbucks gift card.
3. R.I.P. Ray Tomlinson who died Saturday at the age of 74. He is the person who invented email in 1971. It was his idea to add the “@” symbol as a bridge between a person’s local login credentials with the network host name, thus changing our life forever.
4. Some turtle humor:
- Why is it hard to be a turtle? You can’t run away from home.
- What happens when you electrify a turtle? Shell shock.
5. Golfer Steven Bowditch was 37 over par at the Cadillac World Championship in Miami over the weekend. His 72-hole score of 325 was the highest ever recorded in a World Golf Championship. His response to his score was “Hey, it’s just golf.” I love his attitude.
6. Right now, John Kasich is my choice for President.
7. If Christians want to change society’s views on social issues, instead of criticizing people’s lifestyles, they should first take an inventory of their own life and clean it up. And when they are done with their spring cleaning, they should share Jesus’ redemptive powers with them. Condemnation is not what I am about as a disciple of Jesus.
8. To put it in perspective of how technology has changed since Peyton Manning came into the NFL in 1998, he started watching game films in Betamax format and finished up his career watching them on an iPad.
9. I started to read I Love You, Ronnie: The Letters of Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan. Said Mrs. Reagan, “His letters … recall happy times, and , above all, they preserve the voice of the Ronnie I love.” One of my favorites thus far was written in 1961 via a western union telegram: “Mrs. Ronald Reagan. What do you know its Tuesday. I’m in Albuquerque and I’m in love with you.” Ronnie
10. Come join the fun and excitement of meeting members of the 1986 NCAA national championship football team while enjoying a tailgate lunch, and the opportunity to learn about PSU player, Quintus McDonald's, non-profit organization, I AM RECYCLING.ORG. I will also share my vision for improving prison and human services-type of programs in PA. Click here for more information and to buy tickets for the Reedy is Ready PSU Tailgate Party.