1. August 13th is Left-Hander’s Day, which raises awareness of the difficulties and frustrations left-handers experience every day in a world designed by for right-handers.
2. The right hand is mentioned positively 100 times in the Bible. The left hand is mentioned 25 times in the Bible – all negatively.
3. Famous left-handers include: Leonardo da Vinci, Jerry Seinfeld, Mozart, Albert Einstein, Marilyn Monroe, Hellen Keller, Bill Gates, Gandhi, Julius Caesar, Judy Garland, Aristotle, Barack Obama and Tim Reedy.
4. People who use their left hands tend to be more affected by fear than people who use their right hands, according to recent research by the British Psychology Society.
5. Researchers have found that left-handed people face an increase risk for ADHD, dyslexia and some mood disorders.
6, Research reveals that left-handed people are in fact high achievers because their brains are structured to widen their abilities.
7. Most left-handers draw figures who are facing to the right and have difficulty drawing profiles of faces that are facing toward the left.
8. Studies have shown that if a left-hander injures his dominant hand, he has an easier time learning to use the other hand than his right-handed counterparts.
9. Lefties are better at fighting because people don’t expect to be hit from that side.
10. School desks, scissors, power saws, tools, sporting equipment, steak knives, checkbooks, notebooks, three-ring binders, and stringed instruments were all designed with right-handers in mind – not to mention ladles at buffets.