2. There are knitting groups at various nursing homes in the area that knit prayer shawls for patients at the Heart of Lancaster hospital. These ladies are true servants who go unnoticed to most everyone, except when you have a loved one in the hospital.
3. Spring arrives on Friday – we made it through the winter.
4. “Dad. Did you know that the whale shark is the largest fish. And, people can swim with them without being in danger?” Just another random conversation topic from my daughters on the way to school.
5. My son corrected me over the weekend regarding Frankenstein. Frankenstein was the last name of the person that created the “monster”. Here all along, I thought the monster was named Frankenstein.
6. Top five for President in 2016: Paul, Walker, Cruz, Pence, Fiorino
7. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
8. Yes, I am wearing green today; therefore, if you see me, you can’t pinch me.
9. I struggle with this thought: The US has nuclear weapons. Russia has nuclear weapons. No one seems to care. Who are we to say that other countries can’t have a nuclear weapon?
10. Congress wants to give the President close to $90 billion to fight ISIS – more than he requested. Two thoughts: a) Aren’t we as a nation broke? Where will the $90 billion come from? b) So we bomb ISIS and cripple them. Then what? Do we establish a US presence in the Middle East? Do we rebuild the area? We are always willing to make plans pre-war, but post-war seems to be an afterthought. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?
11. Tim’s bonus thought for the day: Don’t mess with happiness.