· Americans collectively eat 50 billion burgers per year
· White Castle is the oldest burger chain in the county – started in 1921
· Burgers account for 40% of all sandwiches sold
· Louis Lassen of Louis Lunch Sandwich shop in New Haven, CT is credited as the creator of the hamburger as we know it today
· The hamburger hall of fame is located in Seymour, Wisconsin
2. “I think I’ll go for a walk outside now, the summer sun’s calling my name. I just can’t stay inside all day, gotta get out, get me some of those rays…” Name this song title and artist (answer below) based on these lyrics.
3. Pastor Saeed Abedini is marking his 35th birthday in an Iranian jail. Detained because of his Christian faith, his wife says that Iran would release him if he denies Christ. In a recent letter home, Pastor Abedini says he is crying out to God for America’s revival. Imagine being in prison and praying for a country's revival and not your release.
4. My top 5 choices for President (1-4): Rand, Walker, Marco, Ted. Carly for VP?
5. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), commonly known as the stimulus, appropriated over $1.8 Billion to the city of Baltimore, including $467.1 million to invest in education and $26.5 million for crime prevention. According to Recovery.gov, this spending created 290 jobs in the fourth quarter in 2013.
6. “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.” Proverbs 15:22
7. Floyd Mayweather, Jr. won the big fight on Saturday. He celebrated by taking his entourage to a local strip club after the fight --- along with $250,000 in cash that he had stuffed in a duffel bag. No word if his personal attendant joined in on the fun – one of the jobs that his attendant has is to carry Floyd’s hand sanitizer. On second thought, the attendant probably went along.
8. Best quote I’ve heard to date regarding religious liberty was from Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, “The United States did not create religious liberty. Religious liberty created the United States.”
9. Answer: "It's a Sunshine Day" – Performed by the Brady Bunch Kids on the January 26, 1973 episode called Amateur Night.
10. In a new 5 year report about the millennial generation, after salary & benefits, what matters most to them when looking for a job is the company’s work culture and their involvement with causes. This generation of 20 and early 30-somethings want to volunteer together and feel connected through a shared passion for their company’s cause work, ideally through initiatives that help their surrounding community.
Have a wonderful week everyone.
Kindness & Courageous continues later this week.
Believe. Act. Serve, the way He did.
#Reedy is (getting) Ready