2. “He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.” Corinthians 1:21-22 Similarly, Ephesians 2:10 says “We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand.” Remember: God chose you. For that, you should feel important.
3. The national democratic party tweeted on May 22 – “Happy Memorial Day, everyone.” Not a bad tweet until you consider that the picture attached to this tweet was of President Obama eating ice cream.
4. Kudos to all of those involved in the planning and construction of a Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County (near the Lititz Public Library) that will be a “tribute to the selfless dedication of every generation of warriors in every branch of the U.S. military.” According to C. David Kramer, Warwick Township Supervisor, “The idea is to have a vibrant, inspirational place where every visitor is reminded of the sacrifices all county veterans.” Groundbreaking is early 2016 with a project completion by Veterans Day 2017.
5. Marriage equality. Gender equality. Income equality. Wealth equality. If everyone was equal, what incentive would be there for anyone to improve or to strive to get better? And, just because everyone would be on equal footing, would that necessarily make them happy or make for a better society?
6. While I was in the voting booth last Tuesday evening, I heard an election official laughing that party endorsed candidates only need one vote to win. To that end, why should I vote if the decision has been already made for me? In other related party/voting news, someone told me last Wednesday that the local Republican party’s endorsed candidates had a banner election day. Really? They all ran unopposed. #whyvote?
7. “Whatever we accomplish belongs to our entire group, a tribute to our combined effort.” – Walt Disney
8. Remember 15 years ago, 1999, when…
· Gas was $1.26 a gallon
· Cast Away, Meet the Parents, Erin Brockovich & Gladiator were in the movie theaters
· America On-Line and Time Warner merged
· 51 million people watched the first-season finale of “Survivor”
· A first class mail postage stamp cost 34 cents
· Kathie Lee Gifford leaves the show “Regis & Kathie Lee”
· USS Cole is badly damaged and many sailors were killed by two suicide bombers
· Federal debt was $5.6 billion
· St. Louis Rams won the Super Bowl and the Yankees won the World Series
9. I believe people should exercise their civic duty and vote. Occasionally, I will enter into light-hearted discussions with people who do not go to the polls. However, stories like this one takes things a little far, don’t ‘ya think: An Arizona woman was sentenced to 3 ½ years in prison for running over her husband because he didn’t vote for Mitt Romney in 2012. In fact, he chose not to vote, which upset her even more. He suffered a broken pelvis and other serious injuries when his wife chased him around a parking lot, eventually pinning him to a light pole and then under her car. Not surprisingly, the couple is now divorced.
10. Some light-hearted jokes for the day:
a. What do you call a show full of lions? The "Mane" event.
b. What do mice do at home? "Mouse" Work
c. Why did the chicken cross the basketball court? He heard the referee calling “fowl”.
d. Why don’t cows have any money? Because the farmers "milk them dry".
Kindness & Courage continues later this week. Have a great week everyone.
Believe.Act.Serve, like Jesus did.
Reedy is (getting ready)