2. From Forbes, here’s some things you can do to rewire your brain in order to become more self-aware and to grow more resilient:
· Express gratitude
· Compliment others
· Focus on an object for 10 minutes a day, all the while focusing on your breathing
· Pay attention to body language
· Fill your home with happy times, like photos of family and/or vacations
3. No matter what your political leanings may be, I was saddened to hear that Vice-President Biden’s son passed away this past weekend – he was 46 and much, much too young. No matter if you are a pastor, a garbage collector or the son of the Vice-President of the United States, death comes to us all. #areyousaved?
4. The next time you think that we are not blessed to live in this area, go to the pretzel aisle of your favorite grocery store where you will find: hard pretzels, pretzel rods, broken pretzel pieces, pretzel sticks, mustard flavored pretzel nibs, unsalted pretzels, pretzel bites, and pretzel thins to name a few. #dowereallyneedallofthosekinds?
5. There is an outcry from many people who want the Duggar family off of television because they hid some horrible things that their son did to his sisters in the mid-2000s. Here’s a thought…just stop watching it. The more you protest, the more it brings attention to the issue, which empowers both sides – those who support the Duggars and those who don’t. In the words of Nancy Reagan, “just say no.”
6. It’s strawberry season in the garden spot of the world. My favorite use of strawberries is putting them over vanilla ice cream and topped with a dollop of whipped cream. When the strawberries are done, it will soon be corn on the cob season. Bring on the butter. By the way, don’t you love living in this area that is littered with roadside fruit and vegetable stands?
7. “Nothing you wear is more important than your smile.” Tonight Show Host Jimmy Fallon
8. On Saturday evening, I took my dog Bailey for a walk in the Lititz Springs Park. While there, I saw countless families (and the ducks) enjoying our hometown gem. This privately-owned park’s main fundraiser is the annual July 04th celebration, which Lititz has been celebrating every year since 1818 making it the second oldest 4th of July celebration in the nation. Please check out www.lititz4thofjuly.com for the day’s events.
9. Answer to item #1 above – they were all used to, uh, wipe someone’s backside until the advent of toilet paper in the late 1800s.
10. Rand Paul successfully halted the NSA from collecting citizens’ phone data. The majority of the GOP Senators didn’t side with Paul; however, these same Senators usually cry that the government needs to get out of people’s lives and that we shouldn't trust the government. So, what do they want? Government in or government out? So we should trust the government now? I am looking for my leaders to be consistent and not beholden to the party line. Principles over party - my mantra as I enter the political world.
Believe.Act.Serve, like Jesus did.
Reedy is (getting ready)