- A Christian’s highest allegiance is neither to the elephant (GOP) nor to the donkey (Dems), but to Jesus. Anything less is idolatry.
- Wang Sicong recently bought two gold Apple Watches ($17,000 each). So Tim, who is Wang Sicong? He is the son of China’s richest man. Who cares if the son of the richest dude in China is spending his daddy’s money on expensive watches? If I told you that he bought them for his dog, would you care then?
- I’m a Quilted Northern guy. You may like Charmin. Still others may gravitate toward a generic brand. We all have our favorite brand of bathroom tissue. But, do you take your favorite toilet paper to your workplace? If you are a member of the NY Jets you do. The J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets, played their NFL game this past Sunday in London. Some 220 people were on the official travel brigade to jolly old England. Accompanying them in addition to their football equipment was 100% grade-A American Toilet Paper. After all, if you are not comfortable down there, how can you possibly play a good football game? I wonder if they declared their locker room a ‘no chafe’ zone.
- According to Forbes, the most successful leaders do these things automatically:
- Make others feel safe to speak up
- Make decisions
- Communicate expectations
- Are accountable to others
- Provide continuous feedback
- Problem solve
- Ask questions and seek counsel
- Exude positive energy
- Properly find, allocate and deploy top talent
- On September 29, 2015 a former employee of a large tech company purchased a domain name from the buying service Google Domains. For years, he was trying to buy this particular domain name and was surprised that it was finally available. He completed the application form at 1:15 AM, paid the $12.00 cost, and clicked submit. He was then the proud owner of the domain name that he coveted for years. However, his ownership was short lived. After just 60 seconds, Google Domains emailed him to say that it had canceled the order because someone else registered the site before he could. His $12.00 was refunded and he was out of luck – again. But for one minute, Sanmay Ved could say without lying that he owned the domain named Google.com.
- For my Walt Disney World lovers out there below are some facts about its monorail system:
- Each train consists of six cars, which can transport up to 360 people at a time.
- The top speed is 40 MPH – the same speed as the biggest drop at Splash Mountain
- The drivers of the Monorails are called pilots
- There are 12 trains in the entire fleet and each sport different colors
- It is the second busiest monorail system in the world, transporting 150,000 passengers per day. The busiest in the world is in Chongqing, China
- It takes 600 volts to power each one of the monorails’ 8 motors
- First YouTube, now YouNow. YouNow is a new app that is quickly becoming a hit with teens. It is a real-time video broadcasting app that allows teens to hang out and interact with each other. You can watch people that are live-streaming via different channels, such as “Musicians” or “Dancing”, all the while chatting with them at the same time. If you really like the person that you are watching, you can tip them with points purchased through the app using real money. By far the most troubling channel is #sleepingsquad where viewers can watch, yes, you guessed it, people sleeping.
- You as an American have a right under the U.S. Constitution to protect and defend yourself.
- Penn State University announced last week that it will be studying whether to renovate or rebuild Beaver Stadium as part of an overall athletic facilities plan. Apparently, the lack of modern amenities such as spacious bathrooms and concession areas are growing the ire of fans and officials alike. If a decision is made to rebuild the second largest college stadium, I see it no different than local school district school boards, administrators and parent groups pushing for new turf fields, more pleasing athletic fields or better weight rooms. Keeping up with the Joneses, and this is all it is, only leads to increased taxes, increased ticket prices and more money charged for chicken tenders and fries. But hey, I can relieve myself in a client controlled restroom. When will people ever be satisfied and thankful for what they have? Why mess with happiness or tradition? Lost in everything is the reason that there are schools and colleges to begin with – educating our next generation.
- My mantra: “By identifying and then reducing wasteful state government spending, the need for increased taxes declines substantially. Then, after this spending is under control, an atmosphere will exist for the lowering of those existing taxes, which benefits all citizens.” – TSR
Believe.Act.Serve, the way He did.
It’s time to plug the holes.
Take a Journey with Me.
"I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant." - Galatians 1:10