2. From the "who knew that" column, comes this about emojis. You know about emojis right? They are those little smiley faces that now have turned into hundreds of communication symbols. Well, there is an international group that not only standardizes punctuation, but also reviews new batches of proposed emojis. Currently, the Unicode Consortium is reviewing new emojis for publication that include a pregnant woman, two strips of bacon, a clown and an avacado. Who knew that there is an international body that approves emojis?
3. The World Series started Tuesday - Mets and Royals. Because I am a national league guy at heart, I'm rooting for the Mets. As a Phillies fan, did I just write that?
4. So NJ Gov Chris Christie was kicked out of the quiet Amtrak car on Sunday. Honestly, I bet Christie could get kick out of a loud car for being too loud if there was one.
5. "I still can't believe this! All this hype for something so ridiculous! Who cares about a MP3 field? I want something new! I want them to think differently! Hey here's an idea. Rather than enter the world of gimmicks and toys, why don't you spend some of your time sorting out the pathetically expensive server line up?" This preceding comment was posted on a tech forum site in 2001 reacting to Apple's newest product the iPod. Looking back, the iPod changed the way we listen to music and brought forth other products such as the smartphone and tablet. Sometimes, people's ideas seem wrong, but the true leaders are the ones that fight past the critics and keep working toward their goals and dreams.
6. This question was posed to 121 motorists: how long would you wait before going through a red light that doesn't change to green? Answers are as follows...how long would you wait?
- 34 said that they would wait 3 to 5 minutes
- 32 - 2 to 3 minutes
- 36 - 1 to 2 minutes
- 9 - 45 secs to 1 minute
7. Congratulations to Lancaster McCaskey and University of Pittsburgh basketball player Lamar Patterson who made the roster of the Atlanta Hawks in his second pro season (he played overseas last year). I wonder how many Patterson Hawks jerseys will be given as presents this Christmas in Lancaster County?
8. A company called PicoBrew has designed a table top brewer that allows users to buy PicoPaks (like K-Cups for Keurig coffee brewers) for $19. these PicoPaks contain all the ingredients to make about 14 bottles worth of beer. It will take 2 hours to brew the beer, but users will have to wait for five to seven days for the fermenting processes. But this isn't the best part. When it's ready, the brewer will send you a message on your smartphone. Fifty brewers are on board, including Delaware favorite Dogfish Head. The PicoBrew will retail for $1,000 and go on sale in the spring 2016.
9. The girls, Tina and I will be dressed as minions while tailgating at Penn State before the game with Illinois this Saturday - Halloween. However, I will be taking off my costume in favor of blue and white to watch the game inside Beaver Stadium. No word yet if the girls and Tina will be minions inside the stadium. Look for pictures this Saturday.
10. Don't forget that clocks are moving one hour back this Saturday night/Sunday morning at 2:00 AM, giving us all an extra hour of sleep.
Have a great week.