2. I've been reading with great interest the comments made by some of our local politicians and committee people whereby they are talking about their "conservative principles" or their "adherence to GOP ideals." Instead of the platitudes, please explain to me what those phrases mean to you? Its the actions that interest me most, not throwing this red-meat type of rhetoric to the base or to the FOX TV watching crowd.
3. If you are a Christian and don't like the new Starbucks cup, then don't go to Starbucks. Did you really think last year's cups that were adorned with Santa Claus or snowflakes epitomized your Christian values? Instead, why not spread some Christmas cheer, go to Starbucks, buy a stranger a cup of coffee and then invite him/her to a Christmas Eve service. My relationship with Jesus defines me as a Christian. Period. Even if the government somehow cancels Christmas, it cannot cancel my belief that God sent Jesus to die for me. Rant over.
4. Since the Cowboys lost to the Eagles on Sunday night, I will be paying off a bet that I made with an Eagles fan live on BRC-TV-11's Sportstalk on November 25. Sometime during the hour, I will be receiving a pie in the face while wearing my Cowboys T-shirt.
5. The top five most generous nations in the world have been announced. The criteria used to determine the rankings are: percentage of people that give to charity, percentage of people who volunteer their time and percentage of those who have helped a stranger in the past month.
- New Zealand
6. "I only hope that we never lose site of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney.
7. Speaking of Disney, Tina and I had a wonderful time at Disney World the past four days with another couple. Although Tina and I missed having our children with us, it was nonetheless a great time for us to be solely husband and wife again. As my cousin Clarese once told me, "Remember, you were husband and wife before you were mommy and daddy." I pass along that sound advice given to me to young couples any chance I get.
8. Until recently, I didn't realize that I should not ever-ever-ever wear a long sleeve polo shirt. I also didn't realize that the phrase "on fleek" is in now.
9. First I told you about Believe.Act.Serve. The Belief in God-fearing, sound principles makes us bring about thoughtful Actions that causes people to Serve one another, which lessens the burden on government and empowers our fellow man. Coming soon: Teach.Act.Empower.
10. November 11 is Veteran's Day. "Father, we could never thank our military men and women enough for their courageous service and sacrifice to our country and its people. Yet today, we lift up our voices to express gratefulness and honor to these military troops both from the past and present. Show us ways in our communities, churches, and families to thank and love them better. Keep and protect these heroes and their families, in the powerful name of Jesus." - from militaryfamiliespray.com
#Get Pennsylvania Growing