1. I thought about starting off this post by telling you a joke about manure. But after thinking about it for a while, I’m not going to tell you, because it stinks.
2. I’ve been reading lately that proponents of gay marriage want the dialogue to change to marriage equality. Marriage equality redefines marriage to mean that two consenting adults, regardless of gender, who love each other, can marry. If that logic runs true, then shouldn’t marriage equality extend to allowing three or more consenting adults, first cousins or even two couples joining together be married? After all, they are in love and who says people in love can’t marry? Once society begins to redefine anything, that definition will continue to morph as time advances.
3. Are you smarter than a 4th grader? – Janice bought her mother a bunch of 2 flowers. Two of the flowers are daisies. One half of the remaining flowers are tulips. How many of the flowers are tulips? (answer below)
4. “A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.”
Proverbs 5: 8 … “To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.” Proverbs 8: 3
5. Did you ever stop and think about how many times you “trust” in a day’s time? While driving, you trust that the cars on the other side of the road will not cross the center line and hit you. You also trust the chef/cook at your favorite restaurant that he/she will not put a foreign substance in your food. You trust that the convenience store fills the underground tanks with gasoline and not water. You trust that your husband and/or wife will return home after a day of work. You trust that your heart will keep beating. You trust that your legs will work. You trust the pilot flying the plane. You trust…
6. My top five favorite flavors of ice cream (5-1): chocolate almond, moose tracks, vanilla, butter pecan, and chocolate chip.
7. Thanks to everyone who has prayed, emailed, texted and called about my mom. She remains in rehab at United Zion Home in Lititz. She has progressed to the point where she can walk with little assistance to and from the dining hall and rehab. Her left arm still remains a stumbling block for her, but she is a fighter. Our prayer is that she will be able to attend my son Andrew’s graduation on June 09.
8. My top five summer foods (5-1):: watermelon, veggies on the grill, corn on the cob, grilled chicken and burgers grilled to perfection.
9. Answer to ‘Are you smarter than a 4th grader?’: 5 tulips.
10. Like me or not, when I decide to do something, I dive in 100%. This quote from Walt Disney sums up me and also it sums up what I will do if I am ever elected to serve the public: “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
Courage and Kindness is taking a week off and will resume on May 2 .
Have a great week everyone.
Reedy is (getting ready)