As I understand the Bible, children are gift from God to us. We are responsible for raising them until such time that "...a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)".
- “He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.” - Adolf Hitler
- “The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions.” - Karl Marx
- Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted. - Vladimier Lenin
Ok, Hiter, Marx, Lenin. They were so yesterday. Who cares what they think --- this is the 21st century. Give me something a little more relevant. Ok, how about former Vice-President Al Gore who said this in 2009 when speaking to an environmental youth conference:
- “There are some things about our world that you know that older people don’t know,” Gore continued. “Why would that be? Well, in a period of rapid change, the old assumptions sometimes just don’t work anymore because they’re out of date. New knowledge, new understandings are much more widely available, sometimes to young people who are in school who aren’t weighed down with the old flawed assumptions of the past.” Therefore, my kids know more than me. I'm a parent -- I know nothing.
Yeah, but that was 4 years ago...time moves on. How about April 2103?
- An MSNBC host, in a very recent television promo, says the following: (we) “haven’t had a very collective notion that these are our children...we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to their communities.”
Folks, a movement is out there to make parents irrelevant. There are people, some in government, some in the media, some in academia and some in our communities that wish to control your children for the good of society. They would argue that the government or the state knows better than you as a parent how to raise your children. They argue that if the government tells parents how to educate their children, society as a whole is better off and more productive.
Whether you want to believe it or not, your family is under attack, however you define family. You as a parent are under attack. God is under attack. Christian Churches are under attack. Our country is under attack from those who believe that society should collectively raise your children for the good of society. Google "collective salvation" and educate yourself.
So, Tim, what can we do? 3 Simple words:
- BELIEVE that your children do not belong to the state, the schools or the community. They are a gift from God and ultimately, belong to Him. Stand firm in this belief. Believe in God and that He exists.
- ACT by praying that people who possess views, like those being promoted by MSNBC, will have a change of heart. Change hearts by compassion -- not compulsion. Begin dialogues with people to make them aware of what is happening.
- SERVE each other by supporting and standing with other like-minded individuals. Serve God by teaching Judeo-Christian values to your kids. Above all, walk the high road.
Psalm 127:3 Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him (NIV).