• $4 Trillion is the annual government expenditure
• The U.S. tax code is intricate and obscure
• Congress is afraid to lose tax money
• The IRS targeted conservative groups
• 16,000 new IRS employees have been hired to oversee Obamacare
• No one at the IRS has lost their jobs over the recent scandal
• Several IRS superiors have in fact received promotions since the scandal came to light
• Americans seem to be numb to the disaster that is the IRS
The letter requested the following details from the organization: 1) how often members pray and 2) are their prayers "considered educational...Please explain how all of your activities, including the prayer meetings held outside of Planned Parenthood, are considered educational as defined under 501(c)(3)...Please explain in detail the activities at these prayer meetings. Also, please provide the percentage of time your organizations spends on prayer groups as compared with the other activities of the organization."
If we do not stand up for this obvious abuse of power and control, I'm afraid the prayer below may soon be recited across this land:
Our IRS overlords, who art in Washington DC,
Hallowed it be your agency
Thy money come,
Thy will be done,
In private as it is done in public.
Give us this day our daily ration of money,
And forgive us our lack of caring,
As we fail to pay our fair share.
And lead us not into success,
And deliver us from ourselves,
For the United States is your kingdom,
And power, and the glory of the collective
Forever and ever, Amen.
- BELIEVE that big government = bad government
- ACT not by complaining about government, but discussing ways to make it more accountable to the people
- SERVE others in need regardless if the government helps them or not
So, I've had a little fun with the IRS Prayer. Sadly, it's no laughing matter. It's time we start standing up for what is right and just. We are losing our freedoms in this country. The IRS is basically saying that our prayers to the Creator of the universe are not private. I just don't recognize the United States anymore.
Heed these words from former Olympic medalist Nadia Comaneci, "Don't run away from a challenge. Instead run toward it cause the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet."
Will you challenge or just pray...to the IRS?